Monday, February 20, 2012

My First Free Racekit Run _Pilipinas Darating Ako

Organized by Without Limits
  
      It was on Valentines Day when I checked my twitter account @Aynoks when I accidentally read Ms  kikayrunner's tweet regarding the mechanics of her free race kit to be given away in line with the following races:  PDA - Pilipinas Darating Ako Fun Run, eyerunmar10 and 143gorunmar10. So, I tried my luck and posted three tweets right away.
Posted Tweets

     It never came to my mind  to win any of the three events. When I opened my yahoo email account on the 17 Feb 12, it was then that I found I won in one of the races. So, I gave my name, birth date, singlet size and later my distance to run as requested.
   This is my first time that I ran with a free race kit courtesy of Ms Kikayrunner.

     When I arrived at the venue, I called for Ms Ida Adesa and was instructed to meet her at their booth. I was given an envelop with singlet and a 5K category bib no. on it. But since I'd like to run in a 10K event, I had the opportunity to swap it with a certain Lolo.

     By the way, for the 10K, the first 100 placers were given freebies (a plastic bag full of Unique toothpaste). Since, I was the 82nd finisher with a time of 49:49 (not official yet), I gave mine to Lolo after seeing him empty handed at the baggage area. He was so grateful. His smile and happiness were contagious. I then felt great watching him.

      These are my overall observations on the run:
      1. It started on time as scheduled.
      2. A pre-requisite warm-up exercises was rendered by kikayrunner and two others.
      3. Route marks and km markers were quite visible.
      4. Enough hydration drinks (water and pocari sweat)
      5. Friendly and courteous marshals. Some of them offered high-fives.
      6. Very affordable, yet, freebies were available.
      7. Tarps and other similar banners were abundant.
      8. Post-race area was too narrow. It was congested.

Good vs Bad  comments = 7 vs 1

 This simply implies that the organizer - without limits production - has done an excellent job. KUDOS...


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, 'twas a great run. It was also fulfilling to see you made others happy! Thnks for the compliments maam.

      Delete
  2. Great finish, Runnox..!

    ReplyDelete